Tuesday, January 20, 2009

ode to carolyn scott...

so this is my mom. well, my mom and me. but this post isn't about me, it's about her, so just ignore the me part. :) this photo was taken at her graduation in may. we were really proud of her that day. she had worked really hard and graduated with honors!

we're really close and sometimes so much alike it's terrifying. i think i can attribute the closeness to the fact that i was an only child and endlessly spoiled...kidding...well, maybe not. haha.

anyways, my mom is extremely creative and funny and awesome...and also one of the most godly examples i've ever known. she's extremely caring and thoughtful. and i love her a lot a lot.

her thoughtfulness is actually the reason behind this post.

so yesterday, she called me at work and said i needed to come to her house for dinner. living an hour away from her and my dad make that a little difficult...especially when you are working late and have a ton of homework to get done. so i told her i couldn't. she'd had the day off for MLK day and had made one of my favorites...chicken and noodles...all from scratch. i'm not kidding...it's like Jesus on a plate!! needless to say, i was super bummed to be missing out. :( but i had to push through my disappointment and get on with my life. :)

quick side note...my mom and i work at the same university. she works at one of our extension sites in hillsboro and i work at the main campus. her boss travels up here every tuesday for meetings and to drop off things from their office.

that was important because when amber got here this morning, she had a bag for me. a bag with a bowl in it. can you guess what was inside???? CHICKEN AND NOODLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! my mom had dropped them off at amber's house this morning before work to surprise me!!!!

now seriously, isn't she the best!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i sure think so!!!!!!!!!!

thanks mom!!!!!! i love you!!!!!!

No comments: