Thursday, May 15, 2008

well, i met with the advisor at maryville. it's looking like i probably won't be able to get in...at least any time soon. there are about 56 spots in the program and around 200 applicants. they give precedence to maryville students. :( i have 4 prerequisites to take...anatomy & physiology I & II, microbiology and chemistry. i actually took chemistry in high school, but too much time has passed for it to transfer. i would have a better chance in getting into the program in 2010 if i took those classes at maryville...however one of the perks in working at a university is i can take them here for free. so let's think about this for a second. spend $8000 for 4 classes and have a miniscule chance of getting into the program in 2 years...or take them for FREE at mobap and try to get in somewhere else. it's kind of a tough call because through an agreement with maryville and mobap, i could possiby complete mv's program for free. but i'm just not sure about it. when i think about it, i feel better about taking the courses at mobap. i registered for a&p I yesterday. it starts in august. :)
i'm going to check into barnes jewish...we'll see how it goes. more to come

1 comment:

Chris Huff said...

I've had a similar experience. The first time I tried to do a back flip off of a diving board, I just stood there for what seemed like forever. Nobody else was in the pool, so I had the luxury of just standing there while I tried to talk myself into it. "You just throw yourself back!" If I remember right, the result was a sore, red back from landing flat on the water. As a result, I don't attempt back flips very often...