Wednesday, September 16, 2009

blocked...

i have a post i've been pondering for the last 4 or 5 days. i open it, read it and reread it over and over. it's an important post. yet it's a very sensitive post, and i hesitate to finish and publish it. as an artist , i realize that any piece of art, photography or writing is a piece of me. a piece of my heart. a piece of my view of the world. there's always a chance for that piece to be rejected and that's a terrifying thing. some of the most difficult moments in my life are when i first reveal new shots either to my friends or to the public. what if this little piece of me doesn't strike your eye the way it has mine?? what if what i look at as beautiful, is seen by someone else as garbage?
now, i realize that my fears are (for the most part) unfounded and come from the depths of an insecure heart, but that hasn't changed the fact that i'm blocked with this post. and i wanted to let you all know that i haven't disappeared. i'm here. i'm just a little stuck for the moment.
that said, it will come. i will conquer my fears and finish what i believe i am supposed to have started...it might just be a few more days. ;)

in the meantime...read this awesome post about truth.