Friday, August 7, 2009

sad day...

i woke up this morning with a small tear in the corner of my eye. there is a great pain around the general vicinity of my heart. today marks the end of a very happy time in my life. one in which i have had much relief from annoying phone calls, endless emails, and piles of paperwork. yes, today is the very last summer half day friday at work. no longer when the clock strikes noon on fridays will i be able to get into my car and leave the prison cell that i work in every day. no, from now on, if i get into my car at noon on friday, it will only be to drive somewhere unhealthy for lunch; returning to my chains after only one hour. no longer will i wake up at 6:30 in the morning thinking that in only 6 and a half hours, i will be back in my warm bed taking a blessed nap. no longer will i be able to lay out in the sun by the pool all afternoon, thinking of all those other sad people who have jobs like mine and are confined to their prison cells while rejoicing because i am not one of them. i will be one of them. i will be one of them. I WILL BE ONE OF THEM! *groan*

so long blessed half day fridays. you have served me well. i look forward to the day when you will again come into my life. until then, au revior my sweet sweet darling.

1 comment:

Casey said...

A half day?! I wish we had those!