Sunday, July 6, 2008

tropical sno...

so it's time to talk about the very best part of summer.  that's right.  shaved ice.  get excited people!!!!!!!!  

for the past three years i've had to travel to kirkwood, florissant and all the way to festus to partake of this delectible treat.  i was unaware of my close proximity (about 5 minutes or so) to a small stand called tropical sno.  i was enlightend on friday by my friend jamie shoop...thank you oh so much!!!  

i wasn't quite sure of the exact location, but my cravings drove me from the coolness of my air conditioned apartment out into the hot and sticky climate of st. louis in the summer.  a few minutes later, headed in the general direction i was given, i anxiously waited at each red light...i made a left turn and EUREKA!!!!!!  soon...this delightful dessert would be in my hands...my heart pounded in anticipation.  so many choices!  which one to choose?  tiger's blood?  cherry blaster?  lover's delight?  ocean pacific?  mango madness?  tangerango?  as i began to drool, my eyes landed on peach razzmatazz...a mixture of peach and red raspberry...sounded excellent.  i placed my order, and in a few minutes, my concoction complete, i took the first bite.  SWEET PERFECTION!

i slowly walked back to my little vivie and drove off into the sunset.

tropical sno...i will be back!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Tropical Sno is only the best thing ever!!!! We had one in Jville when we were in high school and I craved it constantly.

Jennifer said...

Um, right. What Jaime said. Cancel ice cream. Let's order up some Troppy Sno!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Where is this place? Shaved ice is way better than ice cream.

(P.S. the cat walked across the last comment and posted it thus the deletion) :-)

renee said...

manchester and 141. by the office depot. super awesome

Unknown said...

I think a Tropical Sno trip is in our future!

Sad:The things I get excited about.