so i'm usually against anything christmas before thanksgiving. not because i'm a scrooge or anything, but it kind of takes the magic out of it if you have it longer than a few weeks. ya know? well, this year, since thanksgiving is so late, i've decided to jump on the early bandwagon. i decorated my christmas tree in my apartment yesterday. and i'm still in a bit of a christmassy mood...thus the following survey :)
1.Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate...although, i've recently been introduced to hot lemonade and it's almost more fantastic.
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? he puts them in the stockings hung by the chimney with care...duh.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white...although, colored ones are really fun...
4. Do you hang mistletoe? good idea...maybe i'll try that this year. :)
5. When do you put your decorations up? normally, the day after thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? aunt carolyn's (aka mom's) mashted tateys...what delightful goodness!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: wow, i had lots of good ones. i was an only child with a VERY creative mom. she would write treasure hunts with some kind of story and i had to find at least one gift. one year she hid it somewhere really hard and i didn't find it until the middle of january. haha.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? i think i was 3 or 4?? my grandma owned a daycare that i stayed at sometimes and one afternoon, i asked my mom if santa was real. she asked "what do you think" and i said no. she said "well you're right, but not everybody knows that so we need to keep that a secret between us." i whispered "does daddy know???" :)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? my parents and i open all our gifts on christmas eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? all kinds of snoopy, mickey mouse and donald duck wooden ornaments that my mom painted i think the year she and my dad got married.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? if i have to drive in the city on it, dread it. if i have a day off, i love it!
12. Can you ice skate? uh...i have. but my record with falling makes me leery...see last december's blogs and september 2006 blogs...
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? i have a new favorite every year.
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? well, the time off is greatly appreciated...but i love that we can get together and celebrate and remember jesus' birth.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? we make "holly cookies"--green rice krispy treats made with cornflakes and then red hots on top. my grandma also makes cookies from a cookie press that my family fights over every year :)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? smashing pumpkin pie in my cousin adam's face and then running when he grabs the cool whip and chases me up the stairs. i'm going to nail him this year. :)
17. What tops your tree? a red star
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? both :)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? ohhhh tough choice. there's so many.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? they are addicting. a few years ago, they had cinnamon ones that i loved, but i haven't been able to find them since. :(
21. What do you want for Christmas? a digital slr
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? mmm...not really an annual one.
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? i usually wear something that i opened the night before.
24. Do you own a santa hat? yup
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? my dad's family for lunch and then after that, my mom, dad and i usually veg.
well, that was fun! what are your holidays like?